This beautiful staff wasn't one of mine but this is the 3rd time I've repaired it. I wanted to make it a bit stronger so I made a new head out of Mahogany. This is a very different colour from the rest of the staff, and the clear Quartz crystal wasn't comfortable in it, so I lined the new head with green fabric to cushion the crystal and reflect the green detail on the staff. The cage was completed with 2 copper wire strips, so the crystal can be moved around but won't fall out. The new head is fitted in the hope that, should the staff fall again, the whole head will break off cleanly and can be glued back on with minimal difficulty.